Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by and joining me on my journey for the search of wonderful health and energy while discovering myself!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Meditation and Yoga

Fill yourself with fresh air
And exhale all of your cares
Feel your worries slip away
Bringing yourself energy for a brand new day
Ideas and creativity filling your head
Clearing out the cobwebs
With each breath
Opening up
More room inside for positive light
Your ride's about to start
Your adventure is taking flight.
-Me :)

Last Sunday was my first day of meditation.  I've made it a whole week! I started at 5 minutes and today made it up to 15 minutes.  I really focused more on my body and my breath and my hands and that seems to slow the chatter in my mind.  Then I wanted to test out my creativity on a poem.  I'm wondering what a half hour everyday will do and if it will help me with my painting.

Today was another double class of Power Yoga.  I can really feel a difference from when I first started on July 13th.  I've barely missed a day, and some days take 2 classes back to back.  At first I could feel myself saying, "What have I got myself into!?" But since it's almost been a month and I can feel my strength coming up a bit it hasn't been as torturous, (lol) and I can concentrate more on my breath and form since I'm learning the vinyasas, the poses, the names of the poses and the general flow of the class.  It's becoming more familiar and I'm becoming stronger and I haven't heard myself say "What have I gotten myself into?" in a long time.  It's more like, "Ah, this feels so good."  Meditation in Motion.  I still have to work on the before bed mediation.  I always forget that one.  I must say though, that I've been sleeping better than ever, seem to require less sleep, have more energy, and get up early everyday, sometimes without an alarm! So far, all positive things have come from Yoga... and I'm just starting!

No comments:

Post a Comment