Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by and joining me on my journey for the search of wonderful health and energy while discovering myself!

Friday, May 28, 2010

Day One of Nicaragua











We arrived in Nicaragua at 4:15 in the afternoon yesterday. Then it was a 2.5 hour ride from the airport to our resort, Los Palermos in San Juan del Sur. I'll tell ya, it was not a relaxing ride! You know how it is in a foreign country. They're always passing cars in front of them, so you can never relax, because you're on the edge of your seat the whole time. There were people on bikes, there was a family of 3 on one bike! A dad, a mom sitting on the bar right behind the handle bars, and a baby being held by one arm in front of the handle bars. There were motorcycles. There were pickups filled with 20 people. There were people riding horses. There were cattle walking along the road. There were dogs everywhere. One ran out in front of us. Finally, after 2.5 hours we arrived at our resort. It was dark and we couldn't see anything. One thing we could see in the distance was a Jesus statue on top of a mountain all lit up. I heard people saying a man had cancer and then he was cured so he placed a statue of Jesus on top of a mountain.


Dinner last night had me worried. There was a Pig Roast! They literally had the whole pig, head and all laying on the buffet table. I was hoping they would have something for my diet. Thankfully they had some healthy options. Lightly steamed veggies consisting of cauliflower, squash and carrots. It didn't taste buttery at all and were only lightly steamed, so that was excellent. I had a little rice too. There was also a salad with delicious tomatoes, lettuce, green peppers and onions. I had two plates! I was starving!


We were the first two to leave dinner. It was outside on the patio by the pool. The pool looked soooo inviting. I really wanted to go swimming. After the 2 hour airplane ride and 2.5 hour car ride I felt like I wanted to move around a little bit! When we got back to your villa, I laid on the bed for a minute. Then I decided all I really wanted was to go to sleep!


We had to wake up at 7:30 am so Sean could go fishing with the rest of the guys. We headed down to breakfast. I'm so glad I study Spanish. I'm definitely not fluent, but knowing what I did know is really helpful. It just makes me want to study even more. I have so many goals I want to accomplish, but Spanish has always been one. I never seem to get past the level that I'm at though. I wonder what the best way to break through that would be. I have the Instant Immersion CD's that I can play along with on my laptop, but classes seem like the best way for me to absorb and understand it. A tutor would be awesome because then I could go at my own pace.


They had exactly what I wanted for breakfast among other things. They had a huge fruit dish. I had 2 plates of watermelon, pineapple and cantaloupe. It was so delicious!


I brought along with me on my trip my Raw Protein powder, Superfood powder, and Barley Carb powder. I also brought 100% Organic Go Raw Simple Seed Mix. It's Sprouted Organic Pumpkin Seeds and Sprouted Organic Sunflower Seeds. There were sprouted and dehydrated under 105 degrees so they are alive as any sprout, according to the package.


When Sean gets back from fishing at 1:00 we are going to ride into town and check out the little grocery store. I'm also going to check out the rest of the activities around here. I hear yoga is really big around here. I'm just going to hang by the room and do a couple of exercises and read my books til they get back.


We are here for a wedding and unfortunately the bride's father has suffered a heart attack. She had to fly to PA before everyone came to Nicaragua. She might not even make the trip, but is planning on trying to come tomorrow afternoon. We pray he comes through.


Oh! I just had a knock at my door. They were bringing a 5 gallon container of water for our villa. Yay!


So at breakfast I had to ask, "Are there monkeys around here?"

And the answer was, "Yes!"

I knew it! We heard several times last night a "AH, AH, AH" so loudly that it sounded like it was somewhere in our house!


Ok, I'm going to do a few exercises and head down to the pool! Push ups are in order, followed by the resistance band for a few triceps exercises. Gotta stay in shape!


Hasta Luego!!

No comments:

Post a Comment