Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by and joining me on my journey for the search of wonderful health and energy while discovering myself!

Monday, June 7, 2010

A Doozy of a Shake, Salad Dressing

Today's shake is a doozy, but I need all the energy I need.  It's going to be a long day at the gym.  Cardio, Chest and Tri. 
Banana
Wild Blueberries
Lots of dried Gogi Berries
A huge amount of Kale, Chard, Carrots, Dill Weed
Maca Root Powder
Sun Chlorella Granules
Spirulina Pacifica Crystal Flakes (The product is produced in Hawaii.  An excellent source of natural Beta- Carotene, a good source of iron, provides 30 mg Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) per serving)
Pure Coconut Water and Ice
I added a little more dried gogi berries than usual to drown out the green salady taste of all of the kale I added today.

I talked a little yesterday about the chlorella, but I have a little more info today. 
Chlorella is 58% protein, carbs, all B vitamins, C, E, amino acids and rare trace minerals.  "Virtually a complete food".  More B12 than liver, plus beta-carotene.  Chlorophyll helps cleanse the blood stream.  High in RNA and DNA and protects against UV radiation.  Excellent source of protein to vegans.  That's good news! I'll be sure to include some everyday into my diet!

Yesterday I didn't end up sticking to a green juice diet.  For lunch before work I tried out a new bread I bought called Manna bread.  It's a sprouted bread similar to Ezekiel Bread but they say it is baked at very low temperatures to  spare the enzymes.  It's a lot more moist and cake like.  I spread my nut cheese that I made on it.  It was really good!

I was so busy at work, I never had a chance to have my green shake, but later in the night I had cabbage with my new dressing that I made.  It was really good, and I'll use the new dressing a lot!
EVOO cold pressed
Coconut Vinegar (there is no coconut flavor)
Spirulina Flakes
Lemon Juice
It's amazing how filling a little cabbage is, and how delicious something so simple could be!

No comments:

Post a Comment