Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by and joining me on my journey for the search of wonderful health and energy while discovering myself!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Nicaragua- Horseback Riding, the Bride arrives

Yesterday was a great day! The bride arrived! Her father is doing much better, Thank God.
After a big fruit breakfast, we went horseback riding along la playa.  It was nice and relaxing.  The horses didn't go much faster than a relaxed walk the whole time.  The rain let up from down pouring to a mist so it never got too hot.  Our guide didn't speak any English, so I did my best to try to communicate with him.  I think I did pretty good! Good enough for some small chit chat.  It really makes me want to be fluent more than ever! And I'm also thankful for what I know.  It has really gotten Sean and I through the trip perfectly fine.

After horseback riding we came back to Villas De Palermo.  We had a little lunch by the pool.  I know I said yesterday that I decided to go vegan, but for now, in Nicaragua, there isn't much to eat besides fish.  So I had a large salad, steamed veggies and some red snapper.  It was delicious.  I've been making a point of having more salad and veggies, so that when I get to the fish I'm pretty much full.

While writing this, I'm very full from my two small bananas, cantaloupe, pineapple and watermelon for breakfast.  And I ordered Sean's and my breakfast totally in Spanish.  He had eggs, bacon, toast and fruit.

After our lunch yesterday, we sat by the pool in the misting rain and read for a while.  Since Sean wanted to use the laptop, we decided to go back to our place and sit out on the downstairs porch on our rocking chairs and read.  Sean was looking up information about Nicaragua and why the sun sets so early here.  I'll give you a brief history of where we are and how they are taking strides to make the town more eco friendly later.

On the porch is where I was reading Skinny Bitch and we hung our there for a long time.  I had a glass of red wine and then we headed down to the pool to see what the plan was for the night.  The boys were getting crazy, drinking triple margaritas and muchos cervesas and we learned that Rebecca would be here soon.

We got ready and soon the taxi came to pick us all up, (all 12!) and we could barely fit in the van.  It took two tries to make it up the steep hill to get to the restaurant.... that was a bit scary.

Dinner at the Pelican's Eye was fabulous! The nicest restaurant I've seen here so far! The architecture  was beautiful and the food was perfectly prepared.  I had a glass of red wine, a large salad, a little bit of seafood ceviche, a piece of Nicaraguan Sea Bass, and mixed veggies.  The company was very entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment