Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by and joining me on my journey for the search of wonderful health and energy while discovering myself!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Didn't Stick to 100% RAW, Feeling Less Than Perfect

This weekend we needed to go shopping.  Sunday there wasn't much here to eat, and there wasn't anything to make a green shake.  I didn't feel that great anyway on Sunday so I didn't go grocery shopping.  I ate a few pieces of Ezekiel toast and EVOO.  Then I went to work.  I didn' pack a salad, I didn't bring any food.  At the end of my night I had a romaine salad, EVOO, and some Parmesan Cheese.  That was my first mistake!  Adding dairy to my diet, a month after I decided to go vegan didn't sit too well.  When I got home, I was still hungry so I picked on more stuff in my fridge... cheese.  I ate peanut butter. I woke up yesterday kind of feeling like I had a food hangover.

Yesterday was a great day.  We went to West Palm Beach to see a live demo and lecture from Ani Phyo.  She's a RAW Foodist and she wrote a few books.  I had my book signed by her, and enjoyed talking with her.  You should check out her books.  She has great energy and a great soul.   She did a demo on Tomato Soup with Tarragon.  It was tasty.  After the lecture, and some food from The Soma Center, we went grocery shopping.  I was really in the mood for something sweet, and picked on Raw treats the whole time we shopped.  I was going to make the Tomato Soup for dinner, but when we got home we decided to make Amy's Organic Pizza.  I had hundreds of dollars worth of HEALTHY groceries, but I was already on roll, why not? I also picked on our Raw Cheese for the rest of the night.  All I did was lay on the couch and watch TV.  I was tired.  It was just one of those nights.   Today I woke up an hour later than usual, and without all the energy that I've been experiencing the past month.  I guess I did an experiment on myself, not on purpose, but since my diet has not been up to par the past two days I did learn a few things. 
I learned that the cleaner, better and raw-er that I eat, the better I feel...the more energy I have.  Cooked foods weigh me down, hurt my stomach, and make me sleep longer.  They suck my energy.  I still feel groggy.  My stomach still hurts.  It's like night and day, the way I feel.  I can't believe I feel this way, which makes me want to tell people to eat RAW so they can feel the way I was so lucky to discover... the way with all the energy and clarity.  It's like I discovered a whole new way to live, and since I didn't live up to my par the past few days I can clearly feel the difference.  I hope that you will try Raw for a month.  It really is life changing, and the way you feel, your attitude, everything is different and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment